Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Trump Singing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In (Alleged)

Home Forums Rightful Liberty Trump Singing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In (Alleged)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barry Anderson gatlinggun 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The height of ignorance! :negative:

Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Breitbart:

President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.

Bump stocks were used during the October 1, 2017, Las Vegas attack. That attack marked the first time that bump stocks were known to have been used in a crime.

The ATF circulated language to ban bump stocks at Trump’s direction in December 2017. The public was allowed to comment and gun control outlet The Trace reported that 85 percent of those who commented opposed a ban.

CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”

ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate he anticipates a legal challenge against the ban and acknowledged that that challenge could slow the ban’s implementation.

I haven’t seen actual language of this and I am less concerned about these actual novelty items, but depending on language what about better triggers etcetera?

I imagine few involved with this stupidity realize bumpfire does not require any accessories. Just a lot of practice! ;-)

In the eighties with the influx of cheap ammo I good dump 75 round drums at will, pretty reliably. Hell my M9 pistol can too!

Sure it’s not really a effect on performance for real use (assuming it’s just gizmos), but I don’t like the trend.

Makes want to purchase one just to fly on my flagpole! B-)

Note: I edited Thread title since the basis of this is a report on unnamed sources.

I suspect it’s true, but I want more details.I

Even though this in its self doesn’t really effect us, I have already complained based on ignorant basis of this proposal. If we remember Vegas shooter jammed multiple weapons using these devices. Hardly an effective tool, just a lot of hype!

Guess we need to ban coat racks! ;-)

Profile photo of Polynikes
    Polynikes
    Participant

Gun Owners of America already has a lawsuit ready to go so expect some interesting developments here. Guys like Military Arms Channel are part of the core group that will challenge the ban in court.

George G. (the Greek) from PA

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

This gets right to the heart of the issue of property rights and the original intent of the founding fathers. The colonists studied the law and understood the government couldn’t just take any type of property and make it illegal. Hence when they wanted to ban alcohol it needed a constitutional amendment. To make it legal again the constitution had to be reammended. The 18th and 21st amendments. As people were dumbed down concerning law and government over reach they flinged out a few things and said on a whim, hey these are now illegal, then sat back to see what reaction from the people would be. Crickets. Hey let’s try some more. Again, crickets. Today if they don’t like something they just declare it to be illegal. This goes totally against the Constitution. The prohibition amendments are probably the best example of the correct way for the government to ban something. There was a law saying, I forget who said it, but it goes like this: Any law passed that is contrary to the Constitution is null and void at its inception, and we as citizens are not bound to obey such a law.
    I know people may argue against that but it’s what liberty is all about.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of Barry Anderson
    gatlinggun
    Participant

Its not the governments job to ban anything. Property rights predate the constitution meaning because I exist I have the right to life, liberty, and property. The fact that they are unalienable means that the government can not put a legal claim against them.

But you are correct, every time the government has infringed on those rights all we hear are crickets.

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.

CTT 08/15

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

All who are aware know that Constitutionally speaking this is wrong. The NFA and GCA’s are unconstitutional.

Yes the vast majority are not willing to do anything beyond complain, but this isn’t surprising.

The list of Government wrong doings from simple violations of the constitution to selective enforcement of laws and regulations provides for more abuses than listed in the Declaration of Independence.

So what has happened since the relatively small group of forefathers started our American Revolution?

Oppressed we maybe, but very comfortable with it is hard to overcome.

Who can blame our population; most are totally ignorant by design, to not be willing to discard everyone they love and all they have for some idealistic vision of Rightful Liberty.

Particularly giving its a low probability of successful restoration of that Liberty.

Sacrificing yourself for a chance at true Liberty when you have a illusion of liberty is a difficult sell, but that is only the minimum possible payment.

It may cost all of your loved ones lives and all of your possessions.

So yea I am not surprised people aren’t doing anything.

Roadkill
    Participant

Ignorant by design is key.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

gatlinggun
    Participant

I remember Ron Paul asking the question, “Why is liberty such a hard sell?” back around 2008. I think you’ve summed it up very well.

On the other hand, as far as possessions go, they don’t put luggage racks on hearses for a reason….

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.

CTT 08/15

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

I doubt many people believe that this latest possible infringement is a hill worth dying on. What do you really expect? My guess is noncompliance will be high and not much will come of it. I am okay with that personally. Sometimes a simple “No” is the best answer.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Sometimes a simple “No” is the best answer.

See the Thread Civil Disobedience.

“Civil disobedience is a symbolic or ritualistic violation of the law rather than a rejection of the system as a whole. The civil disobedient, finding legitimate avenues of change blocked or nonexistent, feels obligated by a higher, extralegal principle to break some specific law.”

“The principle of civil disobedience has achieved some standing in international law through the war crime trials at Nürnberg after World War II, which affirmed the principle that an individual may, under certain circumstances, be held accountable for failure to break the laws of his country.”

Which leads to this…

There is a rebirth of an old idea developing regarding Civil Disobedience, in many ways it seems uniquely American.

What is it?

Armed Civil Disobedience!

Many might think this is a new twist, but if we remember Lexington Green April 19, 1775 this was a perfect example of Armed Civil Disobedience.

If the British had turned and gone back to Boston when confronted by Captain John Parker; not very likely, but the “Shot Heard Round the World” would have been saved for another day.

What to date has been a stark contrast to the events at Lexington and let’s say the “Bundy Ranch” event, is the fact that Captain John Parker’s Militia was greatly outnumbered while the BLM and other LEO’s were the ones outnumbered in Nevada.

It would not have taken much for a fight to take place on that day of April 12, 2014 (what’s the deal with April?).

Obviously the stakes are quite high during any Armed Civil Disobedience event.

Ultimately someone will call the hand dealt leaving either surrender or to fight as the sole options.

I consider these to be a very personal choices that all should dwell on before getting involved.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Ultimately someone will call the hand dealt leaving either surrender or to fight as the sole options.

Waiting around for someone else to take the charge and make that decision is the absence of a plan.

Make the decision, network, and never look back.

You can’t own a gun for protection from the government and be afraid to break the law.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Roadkill
    Participant

Civil disobedience and arrest should lead to jury nullification. Problem being an uneducated populace aka, jury, does not understand that their job is to judge the person and the law. If they find the law repugnant to the constitution, they aquit. This happened often in our country’s past. The best examples being the fugitive slave laws. Unfortunately an ignorant populace relegates the fourth check and balance of our legal system impotent.
    Ingnorance is our governments key to power.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

Civil disobedience and arrest should lead to jury nullification. Problem being an uneducated populace aka, jury, does not understand that their job is to judge the person and the law. If they find the law repugnant to the constitution, they aquit. This happened often in our country’s past. The best examples being the fugitive slave laws. Unfortunately an ignorant populace relegates the fourth check and balance of our legal system impotent.
    Ingnorance is our governments key to power.

Activists who hand out literature about jury nullification get harassed and rolled up outside courthouses with some regularity. As long as that keeps happening expect very few nullifications.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…should lead to jury nullification.

Jury nullification happens, but it’s typically more a low key decision vice a in your face declaration of nullification.

At this time I wouldn’t count on it as a factor as noted by Abacus.

You can’t own a gun for protection from the government and be afraid to break the law.

I have no issue with any personal decision in this regard, however I insist on it being a informed choice with a emphasis on true consequences.

As to the consequences, I have repeatedly pointed out that one must be ready to pay the price. This price ranges from, but is not limited to arrest, imprisonment, bodily injury, and death. I consider these to be self evident.

Civil disobedience can be anything from a public declaration of no compliance to the subtle lack of compliance demonstrated in the Northeast.

Then there is armed civil disobedience like what has been demonstrated in the Pacific Northwest.

The “I will not Comply” efforts in Washington state is a even better example where they not only ignored “Background Check” laws, but publicly conducted illegal sales at rallies and so called “Patriot Gun Shows” while armed in front of State Police.

Some of the leadership of these events have been subject to varying degrees of Government retaliation, hence my caution to not take these methods without full understanding of consequences.

Again for emphasis…

We all have to act in accordance to our conscience and beliefs.

The price of Freedom has always been high and by not challenging infringements on our Rights immediately as they happen has increased the price!

Civil Disobedience is the last option before revolution/civil war.

While a high price at the individual level, the price of Civil Disobedience pales in comparison to the cost of War!

If it comes to War few here will survive it, this will include our families. Regardless whether you participate in it or not, as there will be no safe haven.

gatlinggun
    Participant

Very interesting discussion.

I completely agree that any decision to engage in civil disobedience should be an “informed choice with a emphasis on true consequences.”

However, I also believe that war will eventually be thrust upon us whether we would have it or not.

CTT 08/15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.