Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Question about best AR upper RECEIVER, as of today which is the best…??

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Question about best AR upper RECEIVER, as of today which is the best…??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.) Joe (G.W.N.S.) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I seem to jump back and forth between love of 5.56X45 and the 6.8SPC…
    I am going to build one more 6.8 SPC and would welcome opinions as to the best maker of Stripped upper receivers.

Thank You

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I like Aero Precision, they are competitively priced and are a real manufacturer, in fact they make many of the other guys receivers.

This is my favorite:

Continuous Optics Platform Mid Length Upper Receiver

Check out there site.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If you are looking high end the VLtor Mur 1D billet Upper is certainly “up” there. ;)

Profile photo of Easy
    Eric
    Participant

“Best” is somewhat of a relative term…

“best” is really limited by the amount of money you have to spend on one. Reasonably priced stuff is usually what I look for.

POF does some great work if you got the cash to spend. If you want something more reasonably priced, Spikes Tactical is one who makes great stuff, but doesn’t break the bank.

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man"

Thomas Jefferson

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If looking for a basic Upper.

Forged from 7075 T6 aluminum, the stripped upper receiver is precision-machined to M16/M4 specification and features M4 feedramps.

$79.99

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t want the “BASIC”. I want the best. And it is looking like MEGA ARMS is the best. Followed by VLTOR.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Like Eric said “the Best” means different things to different people.

“The Best” in my opinion is Aero Precision’s Continuous Optics Platform Mid Length Upper Receiver, it also comes in a Carbine Length.

The COP M4 (Continuous Optics Platform) features a custom configured integrated upper receiver and hand guard system.

This extremely rigid design allows for symmetrical or asymmetrical rail platforms to accommodate a multitude of optic requirements. The hand guard system allows for a free-floated barrel giving the operator superior performance and accuracy.

This system uses any standard AR-15 barrel, not a proprietary barrel system. BARREL NUT and WRENCH are included with the kit. The receiver design also has a fully enclosed dust cover pin which can be removed with the barrel in place. Forward assist and dust cover already installed.

Features:

Compatible with Mil – STD AR15 components
    7075-T6 forged aluminum construction
    MIL-A-Type 3 black hard-coat anodize with MIL-Spec dry lube on interior bearing surfaces
    M4 feed ramps
    Extremely rigid user configure rail system
    Free-Float Hand Guard Rail System
    AR-15 Standard Barrel Interface, only the barrel nut and wrench are changed (both included)
    Fully enclosed dust cover pin which can be removed with the barrel in place.
    Dedicated thumb perch for improved ergonomics when gripping the magwell with the weak hand
    All kit components made in the USA

The MEGA ARMS is a two piece assembly.

The VLTOR is 6061.

7075 is a stronger aluminum alloy than 6061.

The Aero Precision C.O.P. is lighter and stronger than the VLTOR VIS, and stronger than the MEGA ARMS MKM.

YMMV

Whats “Best” for you? Only you can answer that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.