Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Red Ralph – Virginia Gun Control Package forthcoming.

Home Forums Rightful Liberty Red Ralph – Virginia Gun Control Package forthcoming.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PinkyPinky
    Participant

here we go. Virginia will be looking like NY, NJ, CT if not this year, then next. the commies have taken over the government.

https://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol/gov-northam-announces-gun-control-package-to-be-introduced-in-next-session

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

Hmmmm. ‘Assault firearms’ and mags greater than 10 rounds.

How likely is this to pass? How effective will the VCDL be on this?

If this happens, there will be a lot of people a lot closer to home who will need to put up or shut up about 2A and Molon Labe etc….

:unsure:

Profile photo of First SergeantFirst Sergeant

Not likely this session. The next elections will tip it one way or the other.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Participant

Everyone who can, join the VCDL and show up for Lobby Day on January 21st. Numbers make a difference. CALL your reps (that means more than e-mail).

If you go, be prepared to speak rationally and intelligently about your rights to people who you can tell want you locked up.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Keymaster

I just joined VCDL.

Tell us more about this lobby day?

Keymaster
    Participant

detail here: https://vcdl.org/

scroll down to: VCDL Lobby Day: Monday, January 21, 2019, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Basically, show up, get put on a team (or volunteer to be a team leader). You will have assigned delegates/senators to go speak to. In past years, the pro-gun folks will welcome you with open arms, and the anti-gunners will either put a nasty sign on their door, give you a legislative aide to talk to (that will type on their phone and ignore you), or will actually engage in a thoughtful conversation with you.

The intent is multi-fold; show strength in numbers, show that we are not all toothless redneck retards, but the opposite (professional, well-dressed, upstanding members of society), and to hopefully engage in sharing of facts (FBI crime stats, personal stories, etc) and conversation to change minds.

Per the link, you can catch a bus if you don’t want to drive. There will be several speakers as listed at the link. Here is a video from Lobby Day 2017 to give you an idea of the event (or at least the parts outside speaking to delegates/senators). I HIGHLY recommend attending, if you cannot attend, JOIN, and throw some $ towards the cause (either general fund or the VCDL PAC). The VCDL has done great things in the past for gun owners.

As the red plague grows, what used to be the iron curtain of Republicans in committees will fall (that is what stopped all prior attempts by the reds; they put the same bills forward EVERY year for UBC’s, AWB bans, mag bans, reg flag laws, etc). See: http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2018leg.html for what they tried last year; repeat of every year prior and what is coming this session.

Max – not to put you on the spot, but I think the perspective of a lawful immigrant from England might be a good thing to let these idiots know that criminals don’t follow laws, and if you take the guns, they use knives, then what? Take the knives, etc.

Hope everyone can make it, if not join/contribute. We need a large show of force.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Keymaster

Max – not to put you on the spot, but I think the perspective of a lawful immigrant from England might be a good thing to let these idiots know that criminals don’t follow laws, and if you take the guns, they use knives, then what? Take the knives, etc.

I’m in the early stages of figuring out how to be there.

Lucky I already cancelled SHOT Show for this year.

Profile photo of wheelseewheelsee
    Participant

Don’t know if this will help……

2.9 drunken or impaired driving deaths per 100,000 people in Virginia in all of 2017. found here – https://patch.com/virginia/across-va/drunk-driving-virginia-how-state-ranks-fatal-crashes

While ALL gun deaths in VA was 12.1/100K…… found here – https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

Keep in mind, above does NOT differentiate those gun deaths 2/2 police activities or suicide.

This article talks about local gun deaths but found that 80% were from suicide …….. https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/local/2017/03/05/guns-really-36-times-more-deadly-than-cars-va/98781392/

SO – TOTAL deaths 2/2 car crashes is 843 (found here – https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/safety/crash_data/crash_facts/crash_facts_17.pdf

And this document lists the various types of weapons used in crime in VA (found on page 55) – http://www.vsp.virginia.gov/downloads/Crime_in_Virginia/Crime_in_Virginia_2017.pdf

Many time, apples and elephants get compared…….

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Keymaster

The attached posted on IG:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Good to hear there’s an established organization that already goes there yearly to promote Liberty.

I wish you well in this fight.

Profile photo of RampantRaptorrampantraptor
    Participant

When things started getting bad here in Maryland there was always the chorus of folks who’d say “WeLL wHy DoN’T YOu MoVE tO A FrEe StAtE?” as if running and running from state to state would save our rights. Wherever you have some large metropolitan area it seems like you have gun-grabber Democrats take power, seems like NoVA is ready to fuck the rest of the state over for you guys.

Good luck.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of tangotango
    Participant

Wish you guys the best. Anything I can do to help, feel free.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Participant

Take the time to review the Legislative Tracker that VCDL provides:

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2019leg.html

They kindly provide an e-mail this committee button right in the page next to each bill.

They need to hear from as many people as possible.

Note: Let’s be polite and also pay attention, all of the bills fall into only a couple of committees, so no need to send an e-mail for each one.

Hit it and be heard.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of Mike QMike Q
    Participant

I read through the item tracker and I didn’t see anything about magazine size nor banning “assault style” rifles.

I did see the one about “paramilitary” marching though…

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Keymaster

I’m a little surprised at the lack of engagement in this one. I don’t expect people the make inflammatory or pointless ‘cold dead hands’ statements on a publicly viewable forum, but even so….

1) Those out of Virginia seem to think this is happening on the moon and does not affect them.

2) Those in VA seem in denial that this may ever happen. Maybe or maybe not this session, but what about after November with the Left running wild?

My question to everyone is: what if it does actually happen? What then?

The point being that any law passed in infringement of the 2A is in fact unlawful and is thus no law. Void. But it still does not stop these laws being passed, and then sadly enforced by Law Enforcement.

We shouldn’t have to have ‘lobby day’ or event the VCDL, but we do and we need to. The downstream effect of a law being passed and enforced, even if in denial of your Constitutional rights, is that this inevitably leads to legal penalties – the ultimate result being raids on your home by Law Enforcement.

So no, I’m not asking for people to start beating their chests, and ‘Molon Labe’ is pointless posturing. But what does it look like if inevitably these laws are passed, if not this year, but the next or in five years? And not juts in VA, but in your State soon also.

What does non-compliance look like? What if you are trying to train and exercise your rights? On a personal level, the moment I make a live fire video and post it, even if neighbors have not called it in, I am subject to ‘tall poppy’ on home raids.

I didn’t see anything about magazine size nor banning “assault style” rifles.

The original posted article had…

Other lawmakers will patron legislation to ban the sale, purchase, possession, and transport of assault firearms in the Commonwealth.

The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

It hasn’t been introduced yet, but note “assault firearm” so all firearms so equipped, not just rifles.

I’m a little surprised at the lack of engagement in this one.

Hopefully it’s just because so far only a threat to introduce vice actual introduction of a bill.

What does non-compliance look like? What if you are trying to train and exercise your rights? On a personal level, the moment I make a live fire video and post it, even if neighbors have not called it in, I am subject to ‘tall poppy’ on home raids.

That’s the difference between non-compliance in say New York and Connecticut where people appear to be just hiding and say armed civil disobedience where groups decided to take a “in your face” approach as demonstrated in Pacific Northwest “I will not comply!” demonstrations.

“WeLL wHy DoN’T YOu MoVE tO A FrEe StAtE?”

I’ve recommended this action, but what is lost is the fact that this is all that remains if your not ready to face consequences.

The consequences are potentially unpleasant, such as loss of property, imprisonment, and death. Death of not just yourself, but members of your household (husband, wife, children).

Few; even here at MVT, truly appreciate how costly this threat can become. There’s a lot of denial going on and lack of appreciation of threats including from family and friends who may turn you in irregardless of previous “chest beating!”

Participant

IMHO this is the new tactic of the left (state level attacks as we are now seeing in VA).

so far, appeals to the district courts have failed, most recently in NJ with the 3rd circuit. If you do a bit of research, the two judges that ruled in support of the mag ban (not a 2a violation, not a takings clause violation) where appointed by Obama, and the lone dissenting judge is a Trump appointee. Hopefully it goes to the full court.

For this madness to stop, we’ll have to have two district courts disagree (i.e. we need a district court now to rule against a bad state gun-banning law) to get it to the SC, IF they will hear it.

Ideally, weekend at Bernie’s (RBG) will be gone, replaced with an originalist, and we’ll have a 7-2 ruling to cement things.

until then, I’d say carry on as per normal.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine"Keeper
    Participant

So Max you go from starting a Great Training Center to a weapons storage company what’s nexts Hot Tub rentals :good:
    I seen you on the NC Renegade site. I bet since the Dems are but in control in the congress Puch even more gun control I think will wake up and start get back in to training for what ever is coming down the pipe.
    I feel that in the next 18 months as we get closer to the elections there will be more riots and blood oil the streets.

Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.

Profile photo of SeanTSeanT

I have been a VCDL member for years now and routinely email and sometimes call based on different things that come up. I have gone to lobby day in the past and spoke directly to representatives. I was pretty bummed that in my district, we lost Barbara Comstock this past election and now this governor…..

Profile photo of Trailmantrailman
    Participant

@Pinky
    I’ll give some advice that you may already follow down there that the idiots up here don’t seem to get. Hopefully VCDL does. On your gun day not stitch of camo, molon labe shirts or come and take it signs, all business casual or suit and tie, wear a blaZe orange arm band. Up here in Annapolis it looks like the redneck regatta and those are the folks the press interview. The guys with no teeth, vocabulary or coherent speech. :negative:

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Participant

trailman – yep – I have worn either a suit/tie or pants/jacket in prior years and most dress the same way. I don’t remember seeing any slung AR’s or shotguns, but some open and mostly CC. This is part of the instructions sent out – dress professionally if you want to be treated that way.

thanks

-- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of tangotango
    Participant

Extreme Risk Protective Order creates a legal mechanism to temporarily separate a person from their firearms and prevent them from accessing firearms when the court finds that they pose a substantial danger to themselves or others.

Confiscation.

The line in the sand has always seemed to be confiscation. Here it is. Violation of 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments. Straight up authoritarian.

This is the line in the sand.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of Trailmantrailman
    Participant

Extreme Risk Protective Order creates a legal mechanism to temporarily separate a person from their firearms and prevent them from accessing firearms when the court finds that they pose a substantial danger to themselves or others.

Confiscation.

The line in the sand has always seemed to be confiscation. Here it is. Violation of 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments. Straight up authoritarian.

This is the line in the sand.

They did that in MD, thing is any Ex Parte order already has that option built in. They are widening it now.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

From VCDL

1. Legislative Update

Tonight was an excellent night for Virginia gun owners! THAT SAID, IF WE DON’T VOTE IN GOOD PEOPLE IN SEPTEMBER, THIS COULD ALL CHANGE NEXT YEAR.

The anti’s behaved themselves tonight. Of course it helped that a Capitol police officer was in the room the whole time to serve as a reminder to keep things civil. Chairman Farris made it clear in his initial remarks that incivility would NOT be tolerated.

Even Richmond Mayor Stoney, with interim police chief in tow, was there to push gun control.

BIG THANKS TO THE REPUBLICANS, WHO ALL VOTED CORRECTLY TONIGHT: Matt Fariss, Mike Webert, Nick Frietas, and Jeffrey Campbell.

NOTE: Keep Democrat John Bell in your prayers. He had to leave the subcommittee early tonight because of a tragedy within his family. No further information at this time.

Here are the bills and their status:

HB 2399, Delegate Lopez, allows police to drag their heels in approving gun purchases. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2244, Delegate Sullivan, prohibits the possess or transport a firearm for someone committing a crime that is a MISDEMEANOR. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 1956, Delegate Toscano, bans guns during a “permitted event.” KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2479, Delegate Plum, Universal Background Checks. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2285, Delegate Hayes, makes it a felony if an someone under 18 gets access to a firearm. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2492, Delegate Tran, “assault” firearms that have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. KILLED by a vote of 3 to 1!

HB 2604, Delegate Ward, One Handgun a Month bill. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2253, Delegate Pogge, makes State Police issue non-resident CHPs in 45 days (currenttly taking 5 months). PASSED 4 to 2 and heads to full committee Friday morning!

HB 1763, Delegate Sullivan, Red Flag law. KILLED by 4 to 2 after long debate!

HB 1691, Delegate Simon, expands ban on completely-plastic guns. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1644, Delegate Bourne, punishes gun owner who does not report a lost or stolen gun quickly enough with a fine and opens up civil and criminal liability. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1992, Delegate Price, bans guns at local government meetings. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1654, Delegate Rasoul, prohibits loaded rifles in certain localities. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1856, Delegate McQuinn, bans guns in libraries. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

If you are a Virginian, the elections this year for State House and Senate are crucial.

I got some intel from someone that I trust completely. The D’s in Richmond are convinced that they will take over the House and Senate in this years elections. They plan on re-introducing these same bills. I don’t have to tell you what that means.

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

…what that means.

Chose wisely, just because it’s a so called Republican is not enough.

Here in Florida a Republican Governor, Senate, and House gave us that stupid 21 years old to purchase a firearm law.

If you are a Virginian, the elections this year for State House and Senate are crucial.

I got some intel from someone that I trust completely. The D’s in Richmond are convinced that they will take over the House and Senate in this years elections. They plan on re-introducing these same bills. I don’t have to tell you what that means.

To clarify the above, there were several D members of the house discussing the upcoming elections. They basically said that they knew that the D party would take over the House and Senate in the upcoming elections and that they would be able to pass whatever they wanted.

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Participant

Yes, First Sergeant, correct. This year is likely the last year of Va as we know it. The only thing I see maybe possibly happening is a case hitting the S.C., but doubtful. Contact your Sheriff where applicable, they are Constitutional officers and the correct answer will be that they won’t enforce unconstitutional laws. Join VCDL, go to Lobby Day tomorrow. Prepare accordingly.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Participant

Lobby Day had about 300-400 (my best guess) people wearing the orange “Guns Save Lives” stickers. We were by far the largest group there, every floor and every hallway had people with those stickers.

As per normal, the friendlies were friendly and the antis gave us a secretary or aide to pretend to listen.

I found my local rep and asked him for any insight on things. He said, like the federal circus we have, the sides are as polarized as can be. No D’s would vote for pro-gun anything, and none will vote against any anti-gun bills even if they wanted to for fear of retaliation from their own side.

I asked if anyone on the other side actually believes that the criminals will follow the proposed laws, believe they would make anyone safer, etc. “It does not matter to them” was his answer.

Elections have consequences…IMHO Trump opening his big mouth (“take the guns, then investigate”) helped to energize the Bloomberg funded groups at the state level. If you live in VA, November will be an inflection point.

As I was leaving, there was a group of maybe 20, at least half of which were kids dressed in animal halloween costumes, taking a picture in front of a sign that said something like “VCDL supports your kid having to participate in a school shooting evacuation drill.” I think those were the anti-gun lobbyists.

As a side note, there was a group of chanting morons yelling about how $15 minimum wage was a “right.” I suggested to the folks I was with that we go educate them in economics, but they rightly said that probably would not be a good idea.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.