Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Republicans Must Quit Playing Defense and ‘Grow the Second Amendment’

Home Forums Rightful Liberty Republicans Must Quit Playing Defense and ‘Grow the Second Amendment’

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RobRoy RobRoy 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Good stuff!

Too bad most are deaf.

Republicans Must Quit Playing Defense and ‘Grow the Second Amendment’

Excerpt:

If all the Republicans are trying to do is defend the Second Amendment, they are not solving the issue itself. They are not solving the issue of gun crime. [Instead of] just playing defense and shutting down everything the Democrats are pushing up let’s push up our own legislation. Let’s say, “Look, civilian gun use saves one million-plus people every year.” Why are we not pushing for better laws, for broader laws to access a handgun and to allow civilians to defend themselves. Why are we pushing for that? Why are not embracing concealed carry permits? Why are we not getting rid of gun-free zones? These are the things that the Republican Party, that is now in power, should doing, before midterms come up.

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

It’s probably a pipe dream, but striking down the NFA would be glorious

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The hearing protection act and get rid of SBR’s.

Tavor X95 – Overall Length 26.125″ Status: no restriction rifle

CQBR, Mk 18 Mod 0 – Overall Length 26.75″ Status: restricted SBR

:wacko:

…and what’s with 16″ barrel rifle :good: , but a 18″ shotgun barrel? :unsure:

Profile photo of Tom
    xsquidgator
    Participant

@Joe- simply “just because”

If you have lots of time to read, I recommend checking out “Unintended Consequences” by John Ross. I have yet to find anything inaccurate about his story line that tells how gun control in general, and things like the NFA ’34, GCA ’68, Hughes Amendment etc came to be and why they’re there. It’s a controversial book when you get into the last section of the book where the story gets into what he thinks could happen if this keeps going, but I don’t think one can dispute the history of gun control up to that part.

This book got me a long way towards thinking for myself about gun control, prohibitions of different kinds, even the actual “Prohibition” period, and lots more. The example you use of two different rifles is but one demonstration that the laws were written by people who didn’t understand what they were regulating. Or, these laws were written and passed in bad faith, knowing they were not really for reducing crime or whatnot, but for other purposes. (The older I get, the more likely that seems to me). Lots of unintended consequences could flow from something like that.

CTT 10-2014, CTT 1504, RnG/CQB/FoF October 2016, 2017 Georgia CTT/DA, DCH 2018.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If you have lots of time to read, I recommend checking out “Unintended Consequences” by John Ross.

Outstanding book, there is even gratuitous sex which is either good or bad, but can be easily skipped over. ;-)

The historical events weaved into the story are accurate.

Take the time to read it, regardless of its size!

The inclusion of the Governments own Report on Second Amendment is awesome, the one they pretend never happened.

I fondly remember the uproar it caused when released in 1996.

I can’t imagine anyone who supports freedom and is a member here not reading it!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I’ll see about doing a comprehensive review of it for Forum.

Profile photo of Socks
    Socks
    Participant

I love Unintended Consequences!
    If only the physical copies weren’t so damn expensive though!

The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If only the physical copies weren’t so damn expensive though!

Well I believe I paid something like $28 for the hardcover back when it first came out, not cheap Twenty plus years ago.

Finding it today for a reasonable price will be a random yard sale event.

It’s available in PDF for free, but is unauthorized. Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t even mention such a option, however since it hasn’t been in print beyond a brief 2013 paperback edition and the value I place on its information.

So it is out there both legitimately and other.

Is it worth the starting price of $75 for a used paperback?

I think so, but it might be better to go in on a copy with a few others and share it until everyone reads it then maybe some sort of friendly competition to determine its final home. ;-)

Profile photo of Justin
    incipient
    Participant

Just looked that book up on amazon.. $75-300! Can I borrow a copy from someone in NoVA?

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop...

Profile photo of Tom
    xsquidgator
    Participant

Your public library may have a copy- mine did when I first read it.

CTT 10-2014, CTT 1504, RnG/CQB/FoF October 2016, 2017 Georgia CTT/DA, DCH 2018.

Profile photo of libertycalls
    libertycalls
    Participant

It’s not the Republicans job to defend the 2nd. This is all assuming you still believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but the Judicial is what would defend the 2nd. Beyond that, a revolution with the rights that were to be protected by the 2nd. Republicans can elect and impeach judges, but they can’t change the constitution. Only a convention of states can do that.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

It’s not the Republicans job to defend the 2nd.

You do realize your talking about the comments of Parkland school shooting survivor Kyle Kashuv? Just a kid, but interesting to hear a different point of view.

…you still believe in the Constitution…

The Constitution is just a piece of paper, when people started to allow abuses it progressively got worse.

At this point Rights are allowed until inconvenient, then ignored or legislated from the bench to mean what Government wants.

Just as laws are selectively enforced.

As a nation we allowed our Rights to be lost over a very long time.

We’re buying time playing politics, but certainly not reversing anything.

Profile photo of libertycalls
    libertycalls
    Participant

Your public library may have a copy- mine did when I first read it.

I had a friend who had a copy he lent me. I’ve read it three or four times now. The other books on that list are “Without Remorse” and the second Bracken book. There’s other lists, but those are all related. Kinda like the manual Badquaker put out.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

This is the kid that never gets air time because the other one Hoggs it all up. (See what I did there). IDK what the party thinks its doing or what its afraid of besides the press. I wonder how much the administration has to do with it too. From my recollection the nationwide CCW bill is sitting in the house and Ryan will not move it and the HPA is sitting in the Senate and McConnell will not move it.

A lot of this goes with the whats wrong with this picture thread.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

Politics is way down the line from culture. There is good news and bad news on the cultural front. The megaphone of the big media is owned by the anti-2A zealots, that is bad, but that media has less cred than pedophiles. Now if we could only expand past the usual Boomercon politics and into a winnable cultural war.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.