Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Retro Stoner Rifles

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Retro Stoner Rifles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wes wesmc 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

I’m really not much of a gun-nut, and I’m not saying whether or not these should be anyone’s go-to rifle, but they are kind of cool, I think. Does anyone think the ergonomics of that old, trigger-style charging handle would be good? I have never laid hands on one, but seems maybe so?

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/clientpage.aspx?bapid=606

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I have handled a original AR-10, but never fired it. The action was very smooth. Whether this was inherent to the design or due to use I can’t say. The current style and technique seems superior IMHO.

I certainly agree with the cool factor and while they wouldn’t be of no use, its too early in their life for me to consider them even as a shooting collector vice display piece.

The old retro look Colts in the CAR15 style as late as some of the 90’s models have interest due to lightweight. At 5.8 lbs they have much appeal to me.

Many having not handled such well balanced lightweight AR’s don’t appreciate them.

I agree with First Sergeant’s assessment on manufactures which limits older style options.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

@joe – I tend to agree. :good:

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.