Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Review: Mobile Defensive Concealed Handgun Class, Missouri – by Dana

Home Forums Class Reviews Review: Mobile Defensive Concealed Handgun Class, Missouri – by Dana

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I took the Defensive Concealed Handgun class with Scott and I cannot say enough about how incredibly valuable I found this training.  Two full days of practical, real-world application of concealed handgun defensive techniques that were at times challenging but always confidence building.  Incorporating situational awareness complemented with real-world examples was an invaluable part of the curriculum. I found that as much as I thought I considered contingencies given different situations, Scott identified more critical and practical things to consider all in the context of what will likely be a heightened adrenaline, stressful situation.  The training emphasized techniques and mindset to help me react in a measured way and with the ability to execute with accuracy if the need arises.

There are plenty of courses around for gun safety and basic shooting skills but I was unable to find anything comparable to this class.  The experience was invaluable and the skills taught were wholly practical and applicable for real world situations.  If you carry concealed and you are committed to protecting yourself and your loved ones, I highly recommend this class.  You’ll learn skills you can use and gain a well-rounded foundation of situational awareness that you’ll be able to leverage in real-world scenarios. When you’re done with this class, if you ever have to draw your handgun, you’ll do so much more proficiently and confidently.

Dana

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

I’ll just assume the situational awareness training is more than the usual “bang, bang and move head from side to side?”

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

I’ll just assume the situational awareness training is more than the usual “bang, bang and move head from side to side?”

Yes.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

I threw up a softball question on purpose and I do this after watching all those gun shows where some pistolero shows how it is done and they never get past the side to side cool dood thing.

Missouri? WTF now that I arrive I miss a class?

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

I threw up a softball question on purpose and I do this after watching all those gun shows where some pistolero shows how it is done and they never get past the side to side cool dood thing.

Missouri? WTF now that I arrive I miss a class?

I go more in depth about situational awareness and the why. It’s impossible to break it down in a post.

Most of the ones you see in all those videos are just repeating what they see and have no idea why they do it. It’s just range theatrics.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.