Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Shot Stop Plate Dealer

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Max Velocity Max 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I’ve had some interest from some of you about the Shot Stop plates since I did the video. I thin k these plates are really good.

So in discussion with Shot Stop, I’m looking to become a dealer selling through the MVT online store. Not sure how long that will take to be up and running, but I am away in Idaho next week.

So if you were looking to order plates, please do me a favor and pout a delay on until I can sell them to you.

I think these duritium plates are gonna be big, and there are exciting things on the way.

Thanks!

Max
    Keymaster

Oh, and I just swapped out the DKX plates in my PC for a set of the Shot Stop Special Threat (same rating) and my gear is noticeably thinner and more comfortable. I was surprised, because the DKX are kinda soft on the inside. The thinness makes a huge difference.

Remember also, that Shot stop are super strong and do not suffer from cracking like ceramic, and do not suffer from being left in a car, like Dyneema.

Max
    Keymaster

Right, Shot Stop:

Top, Shot Stop:

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

Ok…take my money!!! Let me know when you get set up…maybe I can just pick them up in October for CLC. Safe travels to Eastern Idaho!

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

Glad you decided to carry these. Put me on the list when you get plates in stock.

Profile photo of Brushpopper
    Brushpopper
    Participant

:good:

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of Dave37
    dave37
    Participant

The same company makes a plate that is 2.9 pounds. Here’s a test of it stopping M855A1 with a soft backer.

Shot stop PA plate

Texas CTT/Mobility 2017, Missouri 1 Day CQB 2017, Texas HEAT 2 2018

Max
    Keymaster

Ok guys this is progressing. Except I will be in Idaho next week.

I’m getting spun up with ShotStop and will likely be getting some inventory in soon. That does not mean I won’t be able to order whatever random plates you mofos decide you want, but I will focus on simple inventory in stock initially.

I am planning on an initial order of the Level III+GT (Green Tip) in 10×12 ESAPI/SAPI cut, as tested by me in the video and as now worn in my plate carrier for the recent videos. (photos above).

Info: Duritium III+GT
    Dimensions: 9.50″x 12.50″ x .55″
    Weight: 4.7 lb
    Multi-Curve, SAPI/ESAPI Cut

I’m not fully read in but it looks like the price is somewhere in the $400 per plate range.

If you have interest in this at this time, pleas drop a comment here so I can gauge it. Thanks.

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

Intrested. :good:

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

Interested, 2 plates.

Profile photo of Dave37
    dave37
    Participant

Interested

Texas CTT/Mobility 2017, Missouri 1 Day CQB 2017, Texas HEAT 2 2018

Profile photo of john
    texas
    Participant

Interested

RS/CTT/CP (VTC 10/15)
    RS/CTT/Mobility/NODF (Texas 02/16)
    FoF (VTC 03/16 Blue Team)
    CRS/CTT/NODF (Texas 02/17)
    CQB/FoF (Texas 03/17)
    DCH (VTC 03/17)
    IG: jmp_texas

Max
    Keymaster

I just put in my first order with ShotStop for 10 of the III+GT 10×12 Esapi cut plates (as above). I will be heading into the weekend and then to Idaho. I am not sure when I will be able to have the cart up and take payment for these, probably week after next. However, if you want a set, send me a separate email and I can reserve for you. I also need to work out prices and I believe retail is around $415 per plate and I will look into a discount code for alumni forum members. If this is a private reservation / deal we can apply that discount (when I have the plates in hand) simply via the payment page, rather than going through the shopping cart.

Max
    Keymaster

big check out the door and 10 plates (5 sets) on the way to me now. So given I am gone next week, I should have them in hand for the following week to send to people. I’ve created the plate section in the store already.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.