Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

ShotStop Duritium Special Threat Plates

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Body Armor and Protective Equipment ShotStop Duritium Special Threat Plates

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of john texas 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Guys, are you tracking that MVT became a dealer for the ShotStop Duritium ballistic plates? I just sent out all my initial stock to customers.

These are the first plates that I have truly gotten excited about, and now the ones I wear in my plate carrier. So much so, I became a dealer!

These are the best plates on the market, they are not ceramic / dyneema but made of duritium / metal alloy. As such they do not suffer from heat such as locked in a car like Dyneema, or cracking like ceramic. Ground breaking technology.

I have focussed on the special threat green tip plates, and that is what I have in my carrier, and what I had in stock. Use coupon code maxprotect in the shopping cart for a 5% discount.

However, take a look at shotstop.net: I can order in any of the plates they offer. Just email me and I will get you a price.

I’m considering my next stock order, so of you have interest either let me know or simply purchase from the gear store for the green tip special threat plates. Yes, we can do different sizes, side plates etc, you just need to email me for a price if it is not in the gear store.

Any questions, let me know.

Link to Gear Store

Max
    Keymaster

Who is coming to me for the best ballistic plates out there?

Also, if you want to super-lightweight non-green tip rated, you can also get them. Anything from shotstop.net.

They also sell ballistic board; rifle rated backpack plates:

Backpack plates

Options on body armor plates:

Plates

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Who is coming to me for the best ballistic plates out there?

As soon as I decide between the Duritium III+GT Body Armor Plates and the Duritium IV+HS Body Armor Plates.

Do I need level IV?

In the past I have bought IV plates just for that little bit extra warm and fuzzy.

I had been considering Bulletproofme.com’s light weight IV plates, but they were three times the cost of ShotStops.

It might have been a easier decision, but the ShotStops IV are slightly cheaper than III+ on another vendors site. Haven’t got you to check price on them as yet, but since you got in the mix, I’ll purchase from you once decided.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Max
    Keymaster

looks like the Iv are a little cheaper, but heavier at 5.5 lb. What was the price you saw? Where? What were they doing the III GT for?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

looks like the Iv are a little cheaper, but heavier at 5.5 lb.

That compromise thing! ;-)

The IV’s are also a single curve SAPI CUT 10″ X 12″ X .9″ (large is only size) at other site $365

Which I am comparing to the III+GT – 10″x12″x.55″ – Multi-Curve, SAPI/ESAPI Cut (SE) at $420 on other site.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Max
    Keymaster

Let me look at it. But they are $5 more than MVT on the GT, so I should be able to do the IV for $5 less @ $360.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Even if you just matched price I would go with you once I decide for sure on which plates to get.

Profile photo of john
    texas
    Participant

I am trying to decide on some plates myself. I am sure folks that have looked closely at the shot stop site have already found this link, but I found this useful:

ShotStop Body Armor Stopping Power (PDF)

RS/CTT/CP (VTC 10/15)
    RS/CTT/Mobility/NODF (Texas 02/16)
    FoF (VTC 03/16 Blue Team)
    CRS/CTT/NODF (Texas 02/17)
    CQB/FoF (Texas 03/17)
    DCH (VTC 03/17)
    IG: jmp_texas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.