Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Tactical Enthusiast

This topic contains 59 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dmitriy dg 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Kinetic activities student/fan/scholar/devotee.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So what are the basics of what we are doing here?
    :scratch:

Full spectrum tactics training: FST (fist or fist training) or FST2

Maybe each finger represents part of training syllabus? The hand itself represents the team?

Scenario based tactical training: SBT2

Full spectrum scenario tactical training: FS2T2

:unsure:

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

What you teach/What we learn is Team Tactics…

“Maximum Team Tactics”
    Or
    “Max Team Tactics”

‘Come do MTT at MVT’
    🤔

Now that I'm over 50 I realize that my People Skills are fine...it is my tolerance of Idiots that needs work.

Profile photo of Brushpopper
    Brushpopper
    Participant

So what do we do? Shoot move and communicate? Team tactics & leadership? T2L? Yeah, I’m in to T2L, will be going out at the weekend and doing some stuff, wanna come?

That sort of idea.

So what are the basics of what we are doing here?
    :scratch:

I’m digging T2L! I thought about leadership after my last post.
    Leadership skills, shoot, cover & move, communicate….stay alive :mail:

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of JeffSags
    JeffSags
    Participant

Maximum
    Intense
    Defensive
    Gunfighting
    and
    Extreme
    Team
    Training

Tactical MIDGETTs!

Ok, sorry.

Couldn’t help myself. :yahoo:

CRCD AUG 13, CRCD MAR 14, CP AUG 14, CR MAR 15, Shivworks ECQC, MVT RIFLEMAN, CTT AUG 16, CQBC

Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

Controlled Application of Violence (CAV) – “kahv”
    Alternate: T-CAV, Team-CAV, LCAV (Leadership & CAV)

Tactics, Techniques, & Leadership (TTL/2TL)
    It’s pretty similar to T2L

Unconventional Team & Leadership Tactics (UT3) “You Tee three” / “Yute 3”

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

It is eluding me. You can’t put the number before the letter. I’m thinking something catchy along the lines of 3Gun. GoRuck. Have not got there yet.

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Team Tactics Training: TTT, T3, pronounced “tee three” or “tri tee”?

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

Maybe introducing a competitive aspect to it. Go ruck and 3 gun are both competitive sports. Both have real world benefits and applications much like what we do. I would think the competitive aspect has to do with the popularity of both. This is probably off topic but a once yearly force on force competition with 4 man teams might inspire some interest as well as making it easier to recruit several people from your area that would train to compete. Just my 2 cents.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Darkrivers
    Participant

TacSim? Tactical simulation. Tactical simunitions
    SimTac? Simunition Tactics.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas
    Participant

The thread took a turn from an individual to a group description several posts back.

Personally, I am a student of military history. I study that subject. As an individual, I am a student of tactics. That could lead to Tactics Afficianado. Various Afficianado groups have magazines addressing their topic. In many respects tactics is no different.

Used as a descriptor, I would say, “Yes, I am a Tactics Afficianado.
    What do I do, you ask? Oh, sometimes I go to reenactments of various battles, read about tactics, that kind of thing. And, several times a year, I get together with some guys over in West Virginia where we can try various tactics out. It is really a fun weekend.”

From there one can extend the conversation to talk about range fire, pop up targets, and a lot of other things.

Tactics Afficianado also works for a group. It is a body of people who enjoy tactics and studying tactics. But, that does not get to what Max is looking for. While the term is innocuous it also rings of the fat gamerboy who lives in his mommy’s basement and wargames 27 hours a day.

Max Team Tactics is a group identifier. Max/Maximum Team Tactics is an event. “What do you do at Max Team Tactics?” “We refine our tactics through classes and participate in some serious run and gun sort of like 3 Gun but with a different game set in mind.”

Max Team Tactics has the right sound but there has to be a description of how someone joins the team or establishes a team for attendance at the MVT facility.

Max has asked for a solution but we have not yet identified the real problem.

Profile photo of Short Stroke
    Short Stroke
    Participant

TacSport

Danny from VA

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

hmmmm, the fist brings images of Black Panthers (1960s), BLM (current), Anti-Apartheid Movement (South Africa), et al.

MaxTac?? TacMax?? (course in TX could be misunderstood as TexMex ;-) )

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

LifeTac. It’s all encompassing, it’s how we train and live our lives. It’s living your life on a tactical level, and every part of MVT training is involved, along with team building and comraderie across the country. PT, part of LifeTac, storing up food, yup part of LifeTac, bringing new people in, yes. Comms, CCW, Hand to hand, Longrange shooting, Rucking, it’s all there.
    Hope this helps, I’ve been thinking on it all day. I googled tactifit, it’s everywhere on line. I think this may fit us better.
    What do you guys think?

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Max
    Keymaster

I’ve got it:

TacGun.

Been staring me in the face. Like 3Gun.

The idea is not to be all encompassing in the description, or scare people off, but to give you a descriptor to tell people what you do for training/sport/hobby. Let them jump to their own conclusions about how this would benefit them in a collapse?

What is tacgun? Tacgun is tactival firearms training where we roll out the same real deal TTPs as used by SOF. It is really fun and satisfysing and great for fitness, teamwork and leadership. We often go to MaxTac (MVT) to run training weekends and competitions.

I really enjoy tacgunning as a tacgunner. It is a great teamwork and fitness challenge and has real world benefits for teamwork, communication and leadership. You can tacgun with live rounds or UTM and there are various courses offered. Sometimes when we go out and train by ourselves we will use either live fire to run drills, or we even do force on force with airsoft. The important distinction is that we are running real world drills involving teamwork and communication, which is the real challenge of tacgun.

MVT runs tacgun training events and sometimes MaxTac competition events.

No, I don’t really think the country is going to collapse. You never know though, with the times we are living in. I’m not a prepper, no way, what like those doomsday prepper nuts? I hate lists! But at least with tacgun, if the SHTF, we will have all the skills to really defend ourselves. Wanna be on the team?

:yahoo:

Max
    Keymaster

3Gun. CrossFit. GoRuck. Airsoft. Paintball.

TacGun.

:good:

Profile photo of PaulV
    PaulV
    Participant

Nailed it.

Central Ohio
    CTT & NODF Nov '15, Inaugural Alumni Shoot Aug ‘18

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Playing into that theme FoF becomes a TacGun Competition between teams with maybe some kind of award trophy/plaque that people can take home that could be used to spark a conversation about what TacGun weekends are all about.

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Max
    Keymaster

Yes. We will turn November FoF into a TacGun competition. The weekend will not materially change, and we will still do the instructional parts and the squad attack where we split down into a larger squad against OPFOR in positions. But when we run the balanced team on team, we will take greayer accountability of the results so that a team actually wins the competition.

I will start to post about TacGun. For your part, you guys need to use it and out it oit there. TacGun is a tactical training and sporting activity. Trains teamwork and leadership. Has big impact as a vehicle for business/corporate team and leadership training.

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

I’m a TacGunner. It’s good for heart, mind, body, and soul.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

wildbill
    Participant

Patches for hats, t-shirts are all possibilities to stir up interest.

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Max
    Keymaster

What’s on the patches? Like the MVT rectangular patch with TacGun at the top above the logo? TacGunner? MaxTac below the logo?

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

MVT – Maximum Velocity Training

We are striving for Maximum Velocity in all aspects of our lives. PT for maximum physical velocity. Team training for maximum team velocity. Rifle training for maximum tactical velocity.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

wildbill
    Participant

You are a TacGunner who participates in TacGun training and competes in TacGun Competitions (FoF). So maybe TacGunner above the MVT logo MaxTac below, just need proper scale so it doesn’t get to crowded/busy.

Darkrivers
    Participant

:good:

wildbill
    Participant

Another patch idea:
    TacGun
    Team, Tactics, Leadership

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

Tactical arts?

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

TacGun works. It’s obviously spawning a lot of other ideas, too.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Direct Action Faction

Profile photo of Dmitriy
    dg
    Participant

I know exactly what **I** am:
    I am a tactical apprentice (or, a Tactical Apprentice, if first-letter capitalization is needed).

Dmitriy G.
    CRS/NF Nov 2016; CTT/Mobility May 2017

"We must never allow the low standards of others, nor their incessant quest for mediocrity and marginal adequacy to limit our climb toward excellence." -- Gabe Suarez

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.