Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

The fallacy of "knock down power"

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons The fallacy of "knock down power"

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I recently happened upon a video that I think most people will find interesting.I have no problems with the 7.62 or the 45 guys but if you say your gun has more “knock down power” you should watch this video. the guy in the video is able to take 7.62×39 while standing in a locked-knee position and is still standing after being shot.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

“If its on the internet is has to be true, its the law”..

Ive seen 762×39 go through 4 inches of re-enforced concrete at 200 meters, no way this guy is standing there like a 5 year old threw a ball at him.

Where does it say they are 45 and 762×39? They could have been 22L. There are 22L Ak training rifles out there. Or he could have been using 762×39 low velocity plastic ammo used for training, but even that would sit him down at point blank…

Max
    Keymaster

That’s a good point.I suppose you could be right about that. I would like to say that AR 500 plates are a lot different than concrete. It really doesnt sound like a 22 but i could be wrong about that too.

Profile photo of JohnyMac
    JohnyMac

The guy taking the hits is STUPID! What language are they speaking? You can hear the empty casings hitting the concrete floor though.

Freedom Through Self-Reliance
    www.Unchainedpreppers.com/forum

Max
    Keymaster

Head shots don’t leave blood trails.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Italian…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

There’s a picture floating around the internet of 5 or 6 common handgun calibers , with quality projectiles , shot through ballistic gel. They all pretty much performed the same for all practical purposes.

I like 45 because I like 45. I shoot in in 1911’s , but I don’t expect it to knock people over backwards like on TV. I just figure it’ll make them bleed and hurt , a lot. It’s easy to reload , I’m about to start casting my own , and it’s an American and family tradition. Good enough for me.

I don’t own a .308 , but if I wanted to break things with a rifle , I’d want to use a 30-06 or .308.

Profile photo of USMC0331
    USMC0331
    Participant

“If its on the internet is has to be true, its the law”…

It’s physics, and Richard Davis dispelled that Hollywood crap 30 years ago.

"Do nothing which is of no use." - (MM) Gal 5:19-21 -(God)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Who said anything about Hollywood or throwing ppl threw the air like the vid suggests?

The vid was not a good representation of the realistic effects of a bullet impact. But after all he is trying to sell his product so he’s not gonna go giving anyone negative to think about. Stuffing magazines and phone books under your shirt to soften the impact isn’t quite demonstrating the true effects of what happens when you catch a round. The guy with the green vest looked a bit stuffed up too. I would think that at the vest least the Italian vid took such precautions. Both are stink eye suspect to me as Is anything I see on the net, especially when someone giving a demo of something they are selling.

There are plenty of vids showing what happens when you really catch a round w/o prior, for the camera precautions, some believable, some not. Experiences vary wildly but they all seem to hurt like hell. You can receive broken bones, severe bruises, internal injuries to organs, internal bleeding and all that will sit your butt down. Im not even going to get into the kinetic energy of it all..

Ive seen a person after they caught a round in a soft vest from a pistol and it pushed them off their feet. They were layed up for a couple weeks from bruises and cracked ribs.

Some vids

This was a long shot and it knocked him down and bruised him pretty bad. It hit plate armor he was wearing.

@ 126 , guy takes a head shot in the Kpot..Looked to me like it hurt like hell

This guy is just lucky..

This guy…..

This guy wore soft armor i believe..Forward to 508

This one was just fun to watch. He missed the vest out right.

When something that moves faster then sound hits you and is stopped instantly its gonna hurt and sometimes knock you over, its just physics..

Bergmann

Profile photo of USMC0331
    USMC0331
    Participant

Ive seen 762×39 go through 4 inches of re-enforced concrete at 200 meters, no way this guy is standing there like a 5 year old threw a ball at him.

Implies that a bullet will knock you back. It won’t… It’s called physics and it doesn’t happen. What a persons reaction to knowing they have been hit has nothing to do with physics.

"Do nothing which is of no use." - (MM) Gal 5:19-21 -(God)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ok.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.