Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

The War against Alex Jones and InfoWars.

Home Forums Rightful Liberty The War against Alex Jones and InfoWars.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lloyd shooter 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So love him or hate him; should he be banned, who will be next?

Zero Transparency: 6 Questions that Tech Giants Refuse to Answer About the InfoWars Ban

InfoWars App Overtakes CNN on Charts, CNN Lobbies Apple to Censor

Excerpt:

As of this writing, InfoWars is currently the fourth most popular free app on the Apple App Store, beating CNN, the New York Times, Google News, HuffPost, and dozens of other mainstream news outlets.

Think it will stop at InfoWars?

‘Survival of our democracy’ depends on banning sites like InfoWars, Dem senator says

Excerpt:

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Spotify removed Alex Jones and his InfoWars show from their platforms in recent days, citing violations of their codes of conduct relating to hate speech.

I rarely listen/watch InfoWars, though I admit I love the show!

Excellent entertainment with occasional golden gems.

I downloaded the InfoWars app in protest, though I used APK (Android Package Kit) vice Google’s site who is on my personal boycott list.

Profile photo of GreenTip
    GreenTip
    Participant

Alex Jones gets a bit crazy for me. He is interesting though. His crime is he is anti left. If he was anti right he would have gotten an award. The left is intolerant and I can promise hates everyone on this forum.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Alex Jones gets a bit crazy for me.

When he goes into one of his rants I either mute or change channel until it’s over.

I rate him way above CNN and MSNBC for truth! ;-)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…I can promise hates everyone on this forum.

Which is why the need to oppose these attempts at censoring.

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

Alex Jones is a crackpot but this coordinated crackdown isn’t good news by any means.

Looks like they’re going after some folks from the Ron Paul Institute too, wonder how much they plan to broaden their scope.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/07/ron-paul-institute-director-antiwar-editor-suspended-from-twitter/

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of teomitheo
    teomitheo
    Participant

We have for the most part taken it for granted that these corporations are more or less in line with the first amendment. This trend is dangerous and alarming. What is to stop ISPs from deciding that they will stop hosting anyone remotely associated with the 2nd amendment? Will Amazon eventually host a digital book burning?

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

Nothing new… the only good thing about this is that libertarian and more middle of the road conservatives might notice that they are indeed next.

deplatforming of websites ‘right wing content’ has been happening for over a year now. if its content is considered ‘wrong think’.

The NRA is being deplatformed financially and is having a hard time accessing money.

@teomiheo ISPs can not deny you access to the internet as they are considered a public utility. Just like water and electricity, unless its a court ordered ban of the internet. But the trend is dangerous and alarming. Eventually anyone who isn’t a full blown commie or rather a neo liberalist could end up out of a job, no property or human rights.

One way to solve this issue is that Face book, google, twitter and IG all become public domain companies and must provide everyone free speech as they are today’s modern ‘town square’ and they use taxpayer funded internet to access its users.

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

ISPs aren’t currently regarded as public utilities, that’s the whole point over the debate on net neutrality – an ISP could theoretically block websites or slow access to them for reasons of censorship or to drive away visits to sites owned by rival companies. NBC Comcast could, in theory, slow access to Fox News, for instance. Cable companies currently offer different packages for different channels, ISPs could switch to a similar model, it’s happened similarly overseas.

Historically, throttling of torrent or video streaming traffic has also been a thing.

If you follow the debate it’s generally been Dems that have backed net neutrality measures, while under Trump net neutrality has been abandoned by the FCC.

Twitter, Facebook, etc. by law have as much right to regulate their membership as Max does here on the forum, these are private companies and aren’t bound by First Amendment rules.

The whole NRA in New York thing is a different matter because in that case the NRA can argue the state is actively conspiring to deny them credit and censor them.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of Rowland
    Rowland
    Participant

Alex Jones and infowars have been around for….what 20 years? At least 15. Why ban him now? They’ve been so happy to label him crazy and stupid forever, why ban? This will do nothing but increase him reputation and following.

Private sites are free to regulate content that appears on their site. ISPs are NOT. The current regs, (and not talking net neutrality here) are simple, if you limit site access via an ISP due to content, you are required to limit ALL illegal content as well. No one wants to do that due to the time it would take and money out the door. Again, individual sites can still pick and choose, but that just rattles the cages and grows support for the banned.

Many of us are hunting mice while lions devour the land. -Leonard Ravenhill

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If you follow the debate it’s generally been Dems that have backed net neutrality measures, while under Trump net neutrality has been abandoned by the FCC.

This in itself is all the reason I need to oppose so-called net neutrality!

The fact that the very people wanting to ban everything they dislike are the supporters of net neutrality. ;-)

No need to get into the details.

Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Spotify will pay a price not because they shouldn’t be able to control content as a private business.

The fact they are trying to pretend this is about “violations of their codes of conduct relating to hate speech” is why they will pay a price.

They are hiding behind “hate speech” as a excuse so they can pretend they still support the free exchange of ideas which couldn’t be further from the truth!

To admit they just want to ban him for ideological reasons pulls back the curtain hiding the fact that despite their claims, they are the hate filled intolerant people.

They are everything they accuse their political opponents to be!

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

On Facebook I do quotes of the day.
    Here is one from the other day.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.

Thomas Paine

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

This guy always seems to have good takes.

Oh it also shows how yes they are private companies but they have taken us tax dollars.

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

When I was in FL they used to sybdicate Jones in the evenings on the local fox affiliate radio station. Ironically, the programming block right after his six hours of mariachi music! I don’t know of that was the work of a clever well financed troll or just the universe lining up perfectly for lulz.

I don’t care for the guy, but I don’t like that he got deplatformed. The cure to “bad” speech is more speech and debate not censorship.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Profile photo of D Close
    D Close

We’re all Alex Jones now. I read youtube is moving against “climate deniers” now. I’m on Gab. Looking at Bitchute, Steemit, Minds. I am seeing some young folks turning away from socials and that is a good thing. This smells of desperation. What are they so afraid of??

The only easy day was yesterday

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The fact they are trying to pretend this is about “violations of their codes of conduct relating to hate speech” is why they will pay a price.

They are hiding behind “hate speech” as a excuse so they can pretend they still support the free exchange of ideas which couldn’t be further from the truth!

To admit they just want to ban him for ideological reasons pulls back the curtain hiding the fact that despite their claims, they are the hate filled intolerant people.

They are everything they accuse their political opponents to be!

They are committing suicide, they just don’t know it yet.

Profile photo of mark9mmp
    mark9mmp
    Participant

If it was simply a private entity exercising its rights i’d be fine with it in principle, however these in my opinion are not private. These aren’t ma and pa setups, at Facebook and Google level you are in bed with government and thats where it crosses my line. This corporatocracy nonsense is bs.

Just a regular guy. Native Kansan and current Okie.

Profile photo of CaptainSafety
    CaptainSafety
    Participant

The Left has an ever-widening definition of Nazi that is now anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders. Pretty soon my boomer dad that loved Romney will be lumped in there. I hope they keep doing going.

I’d expect next on a the chopping block is Southern or PJW. I really wish they’d hurry up and deplatform Rogan. People would wake up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of FreedomOak
    FreedomOak
    Participant

Let’s decode hate speech for what it is: anything not leftism is hate speech.

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

I pretty much tune out the usual conservative whine and AJ while in principle is right about free speech he has no clue on how to negotiate or to open and then create a position of strength with an opponent.

Conservatives are the smiling goofs who walk into a car dealership and take the first offer.

Profile photo of Lloyd
    shooter
    Participant

I have not watched the whole video, but the first 5 minutes is worth considering…

https://www.real.video/5820541704001

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…negotiate or to open and then create a position of strength with an opponent.

He’s essentially a talk show host, so he has nothing to negotiate.

There will be no settlement to the division within this Nation by talk. The divide is far too great with no middle ground.

Profile photo of Lloyd
    shooter
    Participant

There will be no settlement to the division within this Nation by talk. The divide is far too great with no middle ground.

Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely correct. We are about 10 years past any ability for “reasonable compromise”. The extremes on all sides of the political spectrum have gotten to the point that they pretty much HATE their “opponents”, and now think of them as “enemies”. Alex Jones’ huge success over the last few years is evidence of this, as is this desperate move by the “left” to purge him from their media outlets.

The very fact that they want to get rid of him so bad is proof that a lot of what he’s saying is indeed true.

I think MOST of the reason for this Infowars purge is because Infowars was a big part of getting Trump into the White House and the leftists want to shut him up so they can control the narrative as we approach the mid-term elections.

…I’m actually surprised somebody hasn’t killed the guy, or helped him “commit suicide”.

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.