Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

This Forum, Your Group, Your CUTT

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Teamwork & Leadership This Forum, Your Group, Your CUTT

This topic contains 105 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of FreedomOak FreedomOak 5 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 91 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

TacGun Sponsorship Program Feedback?

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

TacGun Sponsorship Program Feedback?

I think it’s a great idea! Encouraging our financially established members investment in junior future members is a win for everyone.

MVTs supporting it through discounts, demonstrates your commitment to this end.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

I think it’s a great idea! Encouraging our financially established members investment in junior future members is a win for everyone.

Agreed!

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Great idea!! Start a scholarship fund?? Obviously we start with those around us, but what if Max has knowledge of someone who has the desire but not the funds??

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Great idea!! Start a scholarship fund?? Obviously we start with those around us, but what if Max has knowledge of someone who has the desire but not the funds??

Will start a new thread.

Profile photo of vajason
    eggleston
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea . Part of building community . Donate on payment page ?

Profile photo of JJC
    mdbjjc
    Participant

Is CUTT still a viable concept?

Any successes out there?

Is it worth Max doing a Max Talk on the subject?

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Is CUTT still a viable concept?

Any successes out there?

Is it worth Max doing a Max Talk on the subject?

Idaho, Virginia, NC, & Florida all have groups/teams that meet & train regularly.

We’re next :good:

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of JJC
    mdbjjc
    Participant

Yes sir! Let’s get folks together and train them up for sure here in TN, Tango.

Want others on the forum to add to the conversation…

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

CUTT is very viable, but only if you can find individuals willing to train and commit. We’ve been very fortunate in that realm here in Idaho. We train all together 2-3 times per year. A few of us shoot matches together, others hit the gym regularly together. You’ve got to find the right mix of person, which is the true challenge. I’d take a new Maxtalk as we haven’t seen one in a while.

Profile photo of JJC
    mdbjjc
    Participant

CUTT is very viable, but only if you can find individuals willing to train and commit. We’ve been very fortunate in that realm here in Idaho. We train all together 2-3 times per year. A few of us shoot matches together, others hit the gym regularly together. You’ve got to find the right mix of person, which is the true challenge. I’d take a new Maxtalk as we haven’t seen one in a while.

What were your steps to create such a team if I may ask?

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

@mdbjjc

I’ll be honest with you, it was a long and tenuous process. First it started with our inner circle, basically family. We had strong leadership who organized and pushed for training. That’s how we met MVT. Folks who trained with us basically were trying out for the team. We were fortunate enough to have a solid core that now trains regularly. It was actually luck that we all get along really well and are committed to the tribe. Now, on the other end, we’ve had some “assholes” come through, but haven’t made it to the invite list of being a tribe member. For us, if someone is interested in becoming a member of our circle, they have to be willing to invest the time and money into training, get along with everyone, and have something to offer the group. We’re always looking, but we’ve not added anyone in a few years. Like minded individuals are hard to find. Good luck man! If you’re ever in Idaho, hit us up!

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

@mdbjjc

I’ll be honest with you, it was a long and tenuous process. First it started with our inner circle, basically family. We had strong leadership who organized and pushed for training. That’s how we met MVT. Folks who trained with us basically were trying out for the team. We were fortunate enough to have a solid core that now trains regularly. It was actually luck that we all get along really well and are committed to the tribe. Now, on the other end, we’ve had some “assholes” come through, but haven’t made it to the invite list of being a tribe member. For us, if someone is interested in becoming a member of our circle, they have to be willing to invest the time and money into training, get along with everyone, and have something to offer the group. We’re always looking, but we’ve not added anyone in a few years. Like minded individuals are hard to find. Good luck man! If you’re ever in Idaho, hit us up!

Great post.

You can’t be in a rush to add new people to a group. Every time I’ve seen it rushed in three decades it’s been a failure.

But it’s very easy to get “amped” about a new person that shows some initiative, especially early on. Often times the “brightest flames” burn out the quickest also. Look for LONGEVITY in everything they do in life. Are they always jumping from one thing to the next? Not a good sign. I’ve seen preparedness and training be just another fad to literally hundreds of people over the years personally. It’s not about staying in the closet as the “super secret prepper” type but you do need to exercise caution and take things slow.

Look for consistency in their everyday lives. Look for a decent family structure. The guy that is constantly bitching about his wife is going to not be there a lot- and blame it on his wife. Or she will indirectly sabotage anything he’s trying to do.

Some people are great to get together and train with a couple times a year, but would be next to impossible to try to truly survive with in a long term situation.

Keep in mind everyone can put on a good “face” for a short period of time. Don’t judge too quickly. Take your time and look for consistent results over time. Not everyone is a millionaire and not everyone can train all the time, but you should see some consistent forward movement- not just talk.

Finally- be careful of making it “too easy” for people. I have fallen into this trap a lot over the years. Having done this since a teenager I remember going to weekend outings with little more than a poncho, rifle and basic LBE. Be careful in making it too easy for people via giving them a lot of free training, hand me down gear, etc. It’s in the nature of decent people to want to help new people- and that’s a good thing, but it has to be tempered. Often times the wrong types take advantage of that. Pretty soon your spending a lot of your time preparing, setting up training, spending your own dollars on targets and equipment and some people come half ass, arrive late, leave early, bring half of what’s needed for ammo, etc. It’s in our nature to want to help out- but be very careful. Pay attention, the guy that claims he wants to do this so bad but can’t buy 300 rounds of ammo for the free training your providing will be the one talking about all his new shit all the time. Comes back to priorities- everyone bitches about money, but if it’s a priority for you, you WILL find a way, even if it’s just one class a year, one case of ammo a year, etc.

It’s like O’Neil says “excuses are like assholes Taylor… everybody got one…” :good:

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18

Profile photo of JJC
    mdbjjc
    Participant

Awesome post.

Over the years how many people have you gotten to stick to your groups? Seems like you add but very few to your group over the years and I can clearly see why. Lack of interest, trust worthiness, discipline, etc.

I like hearing about the success stories, though the successes are far and few between and hard earned. That’s life though

Profile photo of JJC
    mdbjjc
    Participant

Thanks to all for responding.

Great insight

Profile photo of FreedomOak
    FreedomOak
    Participant

I would attend weekend length training sessions every six months if it was in driving distance. If I have to fly there than I’ll pass.

Viewing 16 posts - 91 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.