Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Tragedy close to home

Home Forums Information & Intelligence Tragedy close to home

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JohnnyMac JohnnyMac 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/crime/child-dies-two-days-after-boise-mass-stabbing-suspect-charged-with-murder/277-569992279

This one couldn’t have hit any closer…about 1 mile from my house. I was driving into work (ER about 20 miles away) when I got caught in the mix of police cars and ambulances. All it took was one crazy asshole with a knife to destroy so much. What it echoed for me is why we train, why we stay vigilant, why we conceal carry, and why there’s a trauma kit in all of my vehicles. My son turned 3 last week. I can’t imagine that kind of loss. Hug your families, but more importantly…stay vigilant, have a plan, spend the money on good medical supplies, and TRAIN!!!

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

What it echoed for me is why we train, why we stay vigilant, why we conceal carry, and why there’s a trauma kit in all of my vehicles.

Ditto being prepared.

When my kids were still home, particularly when young, it was very comforting knowing a capable trained German Shepherd (sometimes two) was keeping watch over them.

Not the right commitment for everyone, but no one could get near my kids without paying a steep price unless me or wife was present.

Safest little girl in the World?

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

This is one of the things that I try to get people to understand during DCH.

You never know when it is going to happen. You can do everything right and it still can go sideways.

All we can do is prepare the best we can and be always vigilant.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

I am truly amazed at how many of my police friends do not carry when off duty, or retired. I’ve worked side by side with these guys for years and have been with them on so many calls, I know they know human nature and yet they don’t carry. The officer, a very close friend, who teaches the legal portion of my CPL class does not carry. He was a frickin undercover drug enforcement officer. He knows!!!
    I just don’t get it.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

I am truly amazed at how many of my police friends do not carry when off duty, or retired. I’ve worked side by side with these guys for years and have been with them on so many calls, I know they know human nature and yet they don’t carry. The officer, a very close friend, who teaches the legal portion of my CPL class does not carry. He was a frickin undercover drug enforcement officer. He knows!!!
    I just don’t get it.

That’s because they see the gun as just part of the uniform. When they take off the uniform, the gun goes with it.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of DuaneH
    DuaneH
    Participant

So this is another example of a changed time. At one point in american history a knife wielding guy would have been met with a bunch of guys armed with various improvised weapons.

It would not have ended well for him.

As a child i grew up in louisville ky. My father lived downtown amongst the blue collar types. He was a heavy drinker and frequently took me with him to the bars. It was ok, even the bars had high chairs back then.

One day at the bar when i was 9 and enjoying a sprite in a frosted mug, a child runs in and screams someones beating my mommy.

10 guys turned out with everything from bottles, brass knuckles and bar stools. The perp did not fare well and no charges were pressed against the bar patrons.

Appleseed.
    NOV2008 IBC
    OCT2009 FT Stewart
    OCT2010 RBC Known Distance Rifleman
    OCT2014&2015 Long Distance Rifleman
    JUN2015 1000 Yds

I.C.E/JAN2011 Combat Focus Shooting

Tactical Response
    JUN2009 Fighting Pistol
    JUL2009 Fighting Rifle
    AUG2010 Immediate Action Medical
    NOV2012 Way of the Rifle

Mountain Guerrilla/JUN2013-Irregular Warfare

MVT
    SEP2013&2014-CRCD
    OCT2014-CP
    MAR2015-RC1=RIFLEMAN!
    AUG2015-CCC
    SEP2016-CTT
    OCT2016-FOF
    TEAM COYOTE!

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

improvised weapons.

In many places, semi-improvised weapons are against the law, which is ridiculous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.