Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Trust No One

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Trust No One

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-jacquelyn-smith-folo-20181203-story.html

A women, pretending to carry a baby with a sign that said “Please help me feed my baby.” That is the perfect ruse to get you close. In this instance to roll down your window.

You don’t know if they are criminals or crazy. It ain’t worth it.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Stupid people. :wacko:

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Per news reports, happened at 0030 in Baltimore MD.

Nothing good happens after midnight……..except trauma

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine"
    Keeper
    Participant

I keep telling my wife
    DON’T ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN AND HAND OUT STUFF

Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

I keep telling my wife
    DON’T ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN AND HAND OUT STUFF

In general – men think first then feel but women feel first then think.

The criminals subconsciously know this and play on our feelings. THIS is why it is SO important to have discussions with out womenfolk (wives, daughters, daughters-in-law, mothers, sisters, etc). We need to acknowledge their desire to help but explain that those same feelings are being used against them.

A simple example that is used every November deals with the local taxes and school board – “we have to do (pass) this for the children”, “if it saves just 1 child, then XX”. It’s called manipulation.

My daughter now says “NO” anytime she hears that voter plea. The first step though is in us menfolk acknowledging their feeling-thought process.

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

You have to train your woman

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

You have to train your woman

Use that language and you may not have that woman. ;-)

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

I know most of the beggars in my area by sight and a few by name. There is a jungle near a major crossroad a few miles from my neighborhood. They keep to themselves and are pretty nice if not a little rough folks. They are a part of my baseline and if they were mysteriously gone it would probably indicate a need to GTFO from that area.

While is is probably tactically deficient I will take them food and water from time to time. I try to talk with them a bit and take the time to pray with them if they are amenable. It is the right thing for me to do and worth the calculated risk on my part. Your milage may vary.

All that said, I usually park a couple hundred yards away and aproach them on foot. The area is pretty open so an ambush is unlikely.There are no good hiding spots. Usually I wind up aproaching the folks from behind or at least the side since they are almost always looking at the street for windows to roll down or prolonged eye contact with drivers that proceed often preceeds a handout.

I only do this in daylight, and am almost always armed.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Your milage may vary.

For the most part this comes under “There is a time and place!”

I am involved in my community and administer a charitable nonprofit that works with many varied programs networked with several other groups.

So I believe in a charity and giving a helping hand.

Giving money directly to the needy is almost always not helpful to the individual, unless you consider supplying resources to fund their addiction helpful. ;-)

Supplying food, water, clothing, and various necessities can be of help, though the counter argument that this frees up the little money they procure to be used to fund addictions is also true.

Giving money is primarily about the giver feeling good for little investment. Whether they admit it or not.

The true homeless is made up of primarily those with addictions and mental health issues. Then you have those that have chosen the “Hobo” lifestyle. Finally you have the smallest group made up of temporarily down on their luck folks.

Though many homeless are beggars, not all beggars are homeless despite appearances. Some make an amazing living playing the part and some play beggar for a variety of criminal pursuits beyond misrepresentation.

So get involved in helping those that need it, but learn what your getting into.

First Sergeant’s warning applies and throwing cash around in the middle of the night is not good headwork.

Consider our Secretary of Defense’s comment “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” as applicable.

First Sergeant

^^^^ What he said. :good:

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

As the resident Baltimoron here, I don’t generally give change to panhandlers unless I’m in an area I can regard as safe, showing a wallet can immediately make you a target and the distraction of taking out a wallet itself leaves you vulnerable to being jumped. Probably the only place I’d do it would be a public area with multiple other civvies walking around that would discourage anything stupid on their end, not if I’m outnumbered, and not at night. If I’m out shopping and have some finger food with me I’ll offer food before money, most folks appreciate it and if they don’t they can fuck off.

This couple was from Howard County in a (bad) part of Baltimore I assume they weren’t familiar with, basic precaution would be to keep the windows up or only cracked and the doors locked. Don’t actively seek interaction with folks if you don’t have to, but don’t outright ignore folks or be a dick or it will be even more obvious you’re nervous or scared and it makes you a target. Even in the most hardcore ghetto folks can be respectful if you give them respect.

In my own neighborhood last weekend we were having a friends’ night and a buddy of mine went two blocks up the street to 7-Eleven for snacks, a squad of local dope fiends out in the park started following him and cutting off his egress routes. He had the cognizance to recognize this and contact the rest of us so the rest of us piled into our van to pick him up and make a show of force. One of the dudes flipped us off because he knew we knew what was up; furthermore we knew the dude from the neighborhood, some of the more aggressive fiends don’t care once they need their fix.

One flip side of gentrification is the hipsters moving in have no sense of situational awareness so they’re easy targets. The armed robbers notice so they make moves; there was a kidnapping/carjacking here just like two weeks back. There are a lot more armed robberies and burglaries and whatnot than when we were just “the white ghetto”, or even a few years ago. Obviously you should be even more cautious in places where this kind of crime is even more historically endemic.

Maybe it’s a city kid trait but being able to read their demeanor helps. Some of the fiends tend to overact and give some bullshit line about visiting their mother or going to a Christian program or whatever to win sympathy but don’t even realize how fake they look because they’re so burned out. I’m more willing to be friendly with someone that is bottom line up front, I don’t deal with bullshitters.

Some of the homeless folks are dealing with drug addiction, some are dealing with mental health issues. My experience is that the mental health cases are usually not a threat, and if they are having a fit they’re not usually trying to approach people. The drug addicts can go either way.

If I didn’t have my mother to raise me I very well could be a walker too but I’m fortunate enough that was the case. This isn’t about being judgemental as much as maintaining the safety of you and your loved ones.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

Once again, I misjudged the forum comunity. My “milage may vary” comment was intended to rebuff a lot of “they made their bed, they should lie in it” or other compassionless comments about these folks. I am very pleased that the oposite happened if not a little embarrassed of my assmumption. Thanks for proving me wrong! Maybe I spend to music time on the regular internet…

My mother-in-law runs a shelter and previously helped run a work for your food type resteraunt/ministry back east. I get to see and hear some of these folks’ stories. Beyond lacking a home most of them don’t have a lot in the way of self worth. Given howbthey are ignored by a lit of society that makes sense. I really just use food deliveries as an exuse to talk to them. I figure if they see somebody cares enough to ask them questions and invest a little in their lives, they will conclude they matter and their lives have value. That can be very important for people fighting adiction and the mentally ill.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Thanks for proving me wrong!

I am sure there are some here with less compassion, but I believe the active membership at MVT to be above and beyond the typical internet Forum.

I need to revisit some of my earlier Threads on improving community as a preparation strategy.

Off topic, but this is something that drives me nuts regarding much of the left and their push to government funded “compassion.”

Many evil so called rightwingers such as my self provide tangible support to those in need on a shoe string budget with no government involvement beyond our Tax Exempt status. Just individual and free-market support.

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

Thanks for proving me wrong!

I am sure there are some here with less compassion, but I believe the active membership at MVT to be above and beyond the typical internet Forum.

I need to revisit some of my earlier Threads on improving community as a preparation strategy.

Off topic, but this is something that drives me nuts regarding much of the left and their push to government funded “compassion.”

Many evil so called rightwingers such as my self provide tangible support to those in need on a shoe string budget with no government involvement beyond our Tax Exempt status. Just individual and free-market support.

Similarly off topic, a common argument put forth by libertarians centers around the efficiencies of private charity work vs the bumbling of the state.

First Sergeant

There is a time and place for everything.

I wouldn’t pull my wallet out at night walking down Beale Street in Memphis and I damn sure wouldn’t roll my window down in Baltimore after midnight.

If you are not paying attention to your surroundings this is what happens.

Are there good people who are just down on their luck? Absolutely. I have known a few in my life. Tried to help when I can.

The flip side is there are also predators that move in those circles who have no problem doing what was done in the article.

When I was growing up I knew some that were absolutely dirt poor and they were some of the nicest people you would ever meet. I also knew people with money that I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.