Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

University Trains Staff to Resist Active Shooters

Home Forums The Lounge University Trains Staff to Resist Active Shooters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.) Joe (G.W.N.S.) 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

:wacko:

University Trains Staff to Use Hockey Pucks to Thwart Active Shooters

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — Faculty members at Oakland University in suburban Detroit have received hockey pucks and are being trained to use them to potentially thwart active shooters.

WDIV-TV reports the American Association of University Professors distributed pucks to its 800 members.

University Police Chief Mark Gordon says to fight effectively, faculty and students need to be prepared to throw heavy objects that will cause a distraction. Gordon says pucks fit the bill and can conveniently be carried in brief cases or backpacks.

The faculty union also is working with student groups to distribute an additional 1,700 pucks to students.

I just hope these are registered and they provide appropriate training! ;-)

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

With no gun or knife I’ld rather have a padlock in an athletic sock.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Since dodgeball has been removed from schools I can’t see any of these snowfakes being able to hit the broad side of a barn let alone an active shooter. :unsure:

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

Selecting anything other than firearms is suboptimal tactically, but look at the policy from a cultural shift perspective and it is actually a good thing. Realizing and coming to terms with the idea that each individual is responsible for their own protection is the first step in “mindset” development. Everything in the Whole Warrior Concept Max talks about flows from realizing violence happens, it can happen to you, and you are on the hook to deal with any fight that comes your way.

The hockey puck might be some peopples’ red pill. I am down with anything that pulls people out of the victim mentality, even of it is not a perfect solution or is tactically deficient.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Since dodgeball has been removed…

Maybe something along the lines of a “Potato Gun” using these defensive pucks?

…look at the policy from a cultural shift perspective and it is actually a good thing. Realizing and coming to terms with the idea that each individual is responsible for their own protection is the first step in “mindset” development.

Baby steps huh?

Get your point, I only wish I would have been there when they came up with this! ;-)

Would have been my last day, but I couldn’t have resisted mocking them. B-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.