Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Video: Idaho 2017 5 Day: Combat Team Tactics / Convoy Tactics

Home Forums News & Training Updates Video: Idaho 2017 5 Day: Combat Team Tactics / Convoy Tactics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster
    Max
    Keymaster

Posted on the YouTube of this video by me just now:

I am going to add a comment here and it will likely be the idea behind a new Max talk video. I always get comments from people who do not understand training and drills. They are not professional infantry / SOF, nor are they experienced veterans or trainers. They are tactical midgets. I deleted one from here today. Frankly, it is embarrassing that people make these comments. So:

1) You have not attended the training class and you do not understand context, or the training of drills. When you see people walking down a trail, it is designed as such, on a range, so that a drill can be executed, which is either an assault forward, or a break contact drill.

2) MVT runs a number of classes that teach actual tactics. What you see in these videos, is mostly drills. There is a relation between tactics and drills, or TTP’s, but the point is to learn the drills so that it can be applied tactically.

3) If there is no cover, there is no cover. It happens extensively in the Middle East and all across the USA. You may not always be in a place with a lot of cover / concealment. These are ranges and techniques are being taught. PT is often an issue with tired students taking a knee rather than going prone, but taking a knee is also legitimate where speed of movement is a factor, and where you are creating cover by your suppressive fire i.e. ‘cover me!’

4) What you are seeing is students doing an excellent job after a couple of days of running good solid basic drills. They have been training in weapon manipulation, safety, movement, communication, break contact drills etc. What you are not seeing is people trying to ‘sneak about’ with ‘tactics.’ You are seeing them Shoot, move and communicate.

5) You do not see the squad attack at the end of CTT where we put it all together and use a covered approach to conduct a squad hasty attack. You do not see Force on Force, or Combat Patrol, or the Combat Leader Course, where we expect people to apply the techniques along with the tactical use of ground. That is tactics.

6) Here at MVT we are professional infantry / SOF combat veterans who know what ‘tactics’ is. We also now how to train people through a progression. We do not need comments about walking on a trail in the open or taking a knee rather than prone. If you come on a class, then you can go prone. You will walk up the trail, so we can initiate the drill and train it.

If you are a tactical midget, please do not comment. Thank you.

Max

Profile photo of WTL
    veritas556
    Participant

Intervals/bounds look to be longer here than in WV. Is this solely a function of terrain?

Max
    Keymaster

And we are up on WRSA, with my comment. Who ia gouig there to comment? :good:

Profile photo of WTL
    veritas556
    Participant

So mine was a stupid question I presume? :wacko:

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I’ll monitor it Max. No stupidity so far…
    Thanks for the training, cw

Now that I'm over 50 I realize that my People Skills are fine...it is my tolerance of Idiots that needs work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.