Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Video: Texas Combat Patrol 2016: The Raid

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Patrol and Missions (HEAT 2) Video: Texas Combat Patrol 2016: The Raid

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Free Chicken Dinner RRS 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of Free Chicken Dinner
    RRS
    Participant

Just watched this over at WRSA and got to thinking. Would a DMR setup be of any use for this and what if any specific training would the person being designated DMR have? I also am channeling the old CUTT concept posts from a while ago.

Tactical training for Liberty, Fraternity, Excellence

RRS
    Participant

Off topic somewhat but I tested my new Leupold AR Mod-1 with CDS turrets today at the range. Thumbs up, I squared it away at 100 meters got the turret settled and took it to the 300 meter turned the turret to 3 and put the next 50 rounds right in the grapefruit.

What’s this got to do with the raid? I noticed the overwatch had some distance to shoot and a nice scope and bipod would have helped me be more effective in that situation

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

No.

Why?

The range to the objective for the SBF was about 150 meters, but it looks a lot further with the GoPro. This is well within the effective range of an individual rifleman with a standard AR.

As per the assault cycle, what if the SBF team had then been echeloned through and into an assault role next?

This is why we should concentrate less on the equipment as a comfort, and more on the training. RRS: you did CRCD many moons ago. You have not been back for CTT or any of the follow on classes. Methinks it is time – we need to stamp out that random.

:good:

Max

RRS
    Participant

Thanks. My random as you say will probably have to wait a year or two for a Texas class or something in the Midwest the family comptroller and the situation in general is keeping me busy and my bank account spinning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.