Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Virginia

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Virginia

This topic contains 50 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Trailman trailman 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JustARandomGuy
    JustARandomGuy
    Participant

What?
    Right next door to MVT, and no thread?
    Well here we go, then. :)

North and South VA

For the record, I’m in the Southern VA area.

"Time come Kimosabe, when good men must wear masks."
    ~Tanto

JustARandomGuy
    Participant

Great- thanks!

~Tanto

Profile photo of D Close
    D Close

JARG, Southeast, or SW? I’m in Hampton Roads.

The only easy day was yesterday

Profile photo of FiremanEd
    Eddie
    Participant

Dead Center geographic center of state.

FiremanEd

JustARandomGuy
    Participant

D- South-center-ish.
    I’m about 3 hours west of the Hampton area.

~Tanto

Profile photo of Roger Hilfer
    RotorHead
    Participant

New to the site, not new to “getting ready”. Blue Ridge area of SW Va.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Near Winchester

Profile photo of Wattage
    Wattage
    Participant

Near Bedford, Va.

Profile photo of Redcoat
    Redcoat
    Participant

In Franklin County, so just next door…ish! About 20 minutes west of Rocky Mount.
    ‘Shortbread’ & I are both Alumni. Another Vietnam vet Alumni is also in the vicinity.

"The Constitution expects that every Patriot will do his duty"

Profile photo of Dark Knight Scott
    Scott G
    Participant

Warrenton-Gainesville area. MVT Alum and member of the NOVA monthly meeting group.

Northern VA Area

CRCD #1 Alumnus

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

Thaddeus, we do try and meet monthly. We didn’t last month because of the holidays. Pm me and I can get you on the distribution list. We are trying to get one together before the end of the month but I don’t think it’s going to happen because of schedules. We should definitely get one together in February.

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

If anyone in the NOVA area wants to meet up for lunch, drinks, dinner, book of the Month club, in the next two weeks let me know. I have Army duty 11 Mar, 20-22 Mar this month and Friday 27 March Im at a Kyber Traing lights, sights, laser class in Maryland.

Just trying to meet folks before I go to some training with the folks here. I was thinking Philly Tavern in Old Town Manassas. Good cheesesteaks and its a tavern.

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

ffhounddog
    Participant

Monday the 9th I could do early Afternoon around 1330. I am off that day but have to get my wife out the door for work she has an odd schedule too.

ffhounddog
    Participant

I do not know what 5pm if that is too late but I am free Sat-Sun and also the what day is the next Monday is 23 March.

Profile photo of SneakyPete
    sneakypete
    Participant

Live in North Carolina, but so close to Chesapeake, VA that I look for alumni in both states. Live so close to Moyock, NC (Academi/Blackwater) I can hear the breaching charges.

Anyone live in the Hampton Roads area or in northeast NC, Outer Banks, etc?

Profile photo of Sam H
    grayghost1864
    Participant

Richmond here. But I also spend quite a bit of time in Winchester and Virginia beach. Looking to meet some like minded folks in any of these areas who would possibly want to do some basic PT and training exercises.

sneakypete
    Participant

grayghost, there are a few of us in the Tidewater area. Next time you are down in Virginia Beach, give us some advance notice and we can try to get a group together for a meet and greet and see what we can all plan from there for PT and other training.

Profile photo of Sam H
    grayghost1864
    Participant

I am in Virginia beach right now. I probably will be here until Friday. And I most likely will be here Tuesday through Thursday or Friday next week as well.

sneakypete
    Participant

GrayGhost, are you going to still be in VA Beach on Friday? If so, I can check with some of the local crew and see if we can meet for lunch or coffee or something.

How flexible is your schedule when you’re in town?

Profile photo of Sam H
    grayghost1864
    Participant

My schedule is flexible. I am just doing some work on my parents house down here. and yes I will be in town until Friday evening. If you can pick a place and time I will make it work. PM me the details. Cheers.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

I’m working on mine out of the book. Woodbridge is a hell of a ride for me to make on a regular basis.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

trailman
    Participant

OK I will, I have the radio on pretty much anytime I’m in my truck, usually on the Bluemont repeater.

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

I have my digital station back up and running the mode FSQCALL right now
    80M at night and 40M in the day. I got an email from a HAM in OR who saw my station beacon on 12/31, I am running 30 watts. Had a few contacts in MI when I was showing my daughter’s friend what all that gear does.

trailman
    Participant

PM sent

ffhounddog
    Participant

I will have to see. I am interested but its the only day I get to see my wife that week.

Profile photo of FiremanEd
    Eddie
    Participant

Class openings. Combat Rifle Skills, Buckingham County. Sept 10/11. Private range. Opening to the forum, need 2+ to make the class. Max or 1stSgt are going to post on blog soon. I’m putting here for early notice to Virginians. Camping on site. Great chance for Alumni to bring wife or friends who you can’t get to WV or for non Alumni to get a taste of MVT closer to home. IM me for a phone # or more information. Eddie

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Northeastern TN. If yall ever do anything down in the Southern area it’s an easy drive.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Newish to RVA (moved here about 1.5 years ago for work). Looking for others in the area.

Profile photo of Steven W.
    fabio
    Participant

South Eastern VA.

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Hey fabio,
    I am in the middle of some life stuff (moving, work travel) but would be happy to chat about getting some training scheduled. Let me know what works for you.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.