Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Virginia

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Virginia

This topic contains 50 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Trailman trailman 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

Might as well update…I just relocated to the NOVA area (fairfax county). I haven’t found a range yet, so I’m still on the hunt for a place to shoot.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

@Brigand
    Elite shooting sports in Manassas has 25, 50, 100 yard ranges indoors.

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Looks like Mike Q already provided a closer option for your new area @brigandactual. Farthest North I had made it so far in VA has been:
    A bit of a drive for you and still just an indoor range is
    Blue Ridge Arsenal Winding Brook
    11547 Lakeridge Pkwy, Ashland, VA 23005

starting to work with some others in the lower VA region to include a new co-worker that may have some land in the area but still would be a decent hike from NOVA. Will update once I get more details.

BrigandActual
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I had looked into those. It should clarify that I’ve been looking for an outdoor range. There are two that would meet my needs, both just over the border in WV.

One is 340 Defense, which has a 300 yard range. The other is Peacemaker National Trsining Center, but it seems they are not enrolling new members due to a noise complaint lawsuit they are involved in.

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

So. We ought to do sonething to make the MVT flat ranges more of a ‘gun club’ for alumni. Thoughts?

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

Max,
    Well if you make the flat ranges open to a “gun club” idea then would you rely on everyone being big boys or would you RSO it? I like the idea but something to think about.

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

BrigandActual
    Participant

FWIW, my favorite range experiences have been at private clubs with big boy rules.

When I lived in Montana, I was a member of the a shooting sports complex that included a 50, 200, 300, and 1000 yard ranges, a bullseye pistol range, archery, skeet/trap, and a “3 gun” range. None of them were RSO’d except on public range days (twice per month, and the public was only allowed at the 200 yard range).

It was awesome.

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

On brief second thoughts, great idea, nice, but I am sure any potential benefits to alumni and MVT would be far outweighed by the massive potential foe asshole craziness. And no, I would not RSO it. I do that at classes.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Check your local Isaac Walton’s and or hit a shooting board and ask around.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Justin
    incipient
    Participant

New here/just making my rounds on the forum.. I live in Bristow/Gainesville area of PWC. Second Elite Shooting Sports for a decent indoor range for zeroing rifles, etc. I mostly shoot pistols there since they allow you to draw from concealment, etc. I would love to get together for some training/PT (rucking) if there is still a meetup group in the area, in preparation for CTT in October.

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop...

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Richmond-ish

BrigandActual
    Participant

New here/just making my rounds on the forum.. I live in Bristow/Gainesville area of PWC. Second Elite Shooting Sports for a decent indoor range for zeroing rifles, etc. I mostly shoot pistols there since they allow you to draw from concealment, etc. I would love to get together for some training/PT (rucking) if there is still a meetup group in the area, in preparation for CTT in October.

I would be down for the occasional group ruck as well.

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

I am also be down for group ruck.

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Anyone up for a meet and training or even just start some conversation? lots of talk is all I have seen so far. We all have life going on but lets see what we can do here shall we?

motivation for those who need it

I am North Richmond area currently, willing to travel

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Checking in again, anyone else close and ready to get out from behind that keyboard? Time and a place are all we need to start, this does not have to be expensive or fancy secret squirrel stuff.

Profile photo of Pinky
    Pinky
    Participant

Sure! You know how to get hold of me. I can try to scope out some property in Powhatan

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Sure! You know how to get hold of me. I can try to scope out some property in Powhatan

Sounds good, and was not directed at you in anyway…had hoped to motivate some old/new folks and get a gauge for interest.

As far as scouting out property, I would be cool with another public park ruck. Have one possible lead on outdoor shooting area but sounds like it would be a 1.5-2 hour drive. Will work on getting more details around that.

Profile photo of RobM
    RobM
    Participant

New to the forums. Just finished my first RS+CTT in November 2017. I’m in Fredericksburg. Wanted to say HEY to my fellow Virginians. Wouldn’t be opposed at all to meet up with some like-minded, mature individuals. Would be up for a ruck if we have anyone else in the area.

RS+CTT, HEAT 2

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Welcome RobM PM sent.

Profile photo of Trailrunner
    Trailrunner
    Participant

Near Richmond. Up for all as time and money allow.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Might as well update…I just relocated to the NOVA area (fairfax county). I haven’t found a range yet, so I’m still on the hunt for a place to shoot.

http://www.iwla.org/local-chapters

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.