Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Walkie-Talkie for a long trip to desert

Home Forums Radio & Communication Walkie-Talkie for a long trip to desert

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Virgil Kane Virgil Kane 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jackmiller
    jackmiller
    Participant

I’m looking for a walkie-talkie for my child. Son loves to play with soldiers. He showed a list of http://thebestwalkietalkies.com/walkie-talkies-for-kids-reviews/ this walkie talkies for kids. Something you can advise on the technical characteristics? because I do not understand, absolutely. I do not know what to choose from this, any advise?

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

Any of the name brands (Midland, Bellsouth, Motorola) on that list should be fine. They are all made in China, but the others are Chinese companies.

Those are all FRS/GMRS frequencies. The GMRS frequencies require a license, but I’ve never heard of anybody getting in trouble. IIRC, it’s $80/family.

They are low power. Range will probably be real good in the desert, but that’s the only place you will get 24 miles as stated on one of the descriptions.

You can likely find a blisterpack of Motorola or Midland at Walmart or Cabelas.

ETA: You don’t need a license to use the FRS channels.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.