Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

What is the Truth Behind WRSA (Western Rifle Shooters Association) Blog?

Home Forums Rightful Liberty What is the Truth Behind WRSA (Western Rifle Shooters Association) Blog?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WTLveritas556
    Participant

Curate your own website around aggregated news and opinion pieces that highlight the threats and solutions relative to rightful liberty. Throw in some original writing from yourself and others you trust. Moderated comments.

The downsides? Time, money (if you have someone else run it), dealing with toxic users, unwanted public attention, constantly walking a fine political line and ending up on The List (nah, you’re already on it)

Upsides… a new site/brand that could serve as the gateway to the training/gear side. A site that doesn’t allow too much crazy could be a revenue generator as well.

Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

Curate your own website around aggregated news and opinion pieces that highlight the threats and solutions relative to rightful liberty. Throw in some original writing from yourself and others you trust. Moderated comments.

I think this is a great idea. Were you referring to the blog or the forum? The downsides to this is that I am not much of a news-hound. For example, WRSA is run by Pete, who puts it all up, whether or not he is sent tips or goes looking for himself (or mix thereof). Given my schedule, I’m not really set for that, which i think is a full time job.

What we could do is utilize the forum for this, and crowd-source it. It may mean a bot more of an active participation, or one or two volunteers who like this stuff do most of the finding and posting of news and interest articles. I will do my part when able and also contribute my personal posts.

Do we have any volunteers (perhaps Joe would like this once he returns?) who want to take charge of this news-hound aspect and repost here?

What this would mean is an aspect to the forum which is focused on ‘current affairs / interest pieces’ and adds to the tactical focus of the place. We will continue to moderate as per the policy and will not allow it to turn into a shit show. If this was a vector for growth of the forum, it will of course bring in more of those who are going to want to troll, but I think we can handle it.

What I will do is create an additional forum section for these posts. I will do that now and we can see how it goes.

Profile photo of BrigandActualBrigandActual
    Participant

Content generation is definitely a way to go.

One method might be crowd sourcing the articles with forum members. Set ground rules for what kind of articles you want, and have a style guide for a summary or something that people should write to go along with their submission.

You could then batch that. Pick an afternoon and copy/paste those links into a blog post. Schedule them out in recurring intervals.

For example, members find twenty links to interesting articles. Each one does a writeup in on the link and posts it in the forum. You pick a day and spend a couple hours scheduling 4 posts per week. That give you five weeks of content on top of anything you were actually working on yourself.

Your time investment is pretty minimal, but the impact is huge.

One thing I’ve seen is that search engines reward predicictable activity. So posting every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday at 8 AM for months on end is better than random bursts of three posts per day here, then one the next day, then a week-long gap.

Doing that much interlinking with other sites also builds relationships, and increases the probability that they will route traffic back to you.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of wheelseewheelsee
    Participant

One of the things I read at WRSA are the side bars on the Left, i.e. how to choose boots, how to setup a rifle, what needs to go into an IFAK, etc. I would much rather learn from someone else’s mistakes and experiences than having to go through it myself.

The biggest bang-for-buck that this forum did for me in the beginning was sifting through all of the “marketing hype” to understand what I needed versus what was “hype.”

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

One of the things I read at WRSA are the side bars on the Left, i.e. how to choose boots, how to setup a rifle, what needs to go into an IFAK, etc. I would much rather learn from someone else’s mistakes and experiences than having to go through it myself.

And we don’t have that here, or the question cannot be asked? Let’s stop feeding the WRSA beast.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.